Year 1 (Summer 2022)
- Week 1: Intro to ML and visualization, python, and R primer.
- Week 2: More on ML and visualization, data science ethics, more python, and topics on computer engineering.
- Week 3: Earth science, subsurface data, critical minerals, seismic data, data driven approaches for earth science, and data science to energy transition examples.
- Week 4: Understanding policy analysis, economics and politics in the energy transition, causal inference, and understanding survey data.
- Week 5: Fundamentals of statistics for data science, concept of dependence in spatial data, intro to Kriging.
- Two day seminar series of industry partners (last two days of week 5):
- Dr. He Zhang (Sr. Vice President, Ryder Scott Co. LP), Jeremy Xia (Sr. Petroleum Engineer, Ryder Scott Co. LP), Cheng Zhang (Vice President, OGRE Systems)
- Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy (Managing Director/Technology Fellow/Chief Data Scientist, Halliburton)
- Eric Kohlenberg (Manager of ETRM Applications, Cheniere Energy, Inc.)
- Diego Molinari (Sr. Reservoir Engineer, RockCliff Energy)
- Dr. Pandu Devarakota (Principal Science Expert, Shell)
Year 1 (Summer 2022) Photos